Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Two For Tuesday - Obama Rocks Edition

Photobucket

SupDudeSupGuy has been a forum for many different things for many different people. One thing that has not been covered here is politics. That is about to change with this post. Today is really an important day in US history, as the great residents of New Hampshire vote on whom should get the Democratic / Republican nod. For this blogger, there is only one choice - & his name is Barack Obama. In my lifetime I have never seen a politician with such a real sense of what this country needs and what it will take to get us there there. I have listened to him speak, debate and talk off the cuff with people, and every time I get more inspired by what he has to say. Eventually, I believe the rest of country will come to feel the same way after they get to hear / see this amazing candidate & digest all the things he stands for.

A Change is Gonna Come - Sam Cooke
We Can Work It Out - The Beatles

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's your blog, you can tell me to STFU.

But in my opinion?

We need a COMPLETE overhaul on candidates. And we need more choices. More TRUE INDEPENDENT candidates. I respect the Hell outta of Barack Obama. BUt I think he's just the like the rest in 2008..THEY WILL SAY ANYTHING to get elected. And the most important day is national ELECTION day. Go out and vote, make your voices heard,Everytime you can.

Anonymous said...

Patsoxnice - I like where your head's at, but lets be realistic...

Politics=Dishonesty. sucks and it's unfortunate but it's history and it's not really changing.Part of the reason, IMHO, is simple - Politicians are crafty and the majority of the US population are uneducated sheep.

Moreover, I think we as (assumption)at least semi-educated New Englanders have it the worst.

Bobby Sue in Podunk Arkansas is far more likely to buy into her local Christian Zealot neighbor who listens to the next Christian Zealot Evangelist who has their hands in politician's like Huckabee's pockets... with conservativism it's not so much what you say but who hears it. The mentally meek are the most easily led...

Now don't get me wrong, I'm far from the liberal Mr. BH is, more of a pansy middle-of-the-road party straddler (depending on the issues, of course, and I also make no claim of being nearly as educated on politics as I should be, but I've always believed the reason this country continues on the road it's on is there are far more Bobby Sues than there are DD's and Patsoxnices and yes, even the grand Poobah Mr. TNash...

End Diatribe.

Anonymous said...

DD

you look good though.

Anonymous said...

wow sly. You are getting BIG TIME.

We now have random posts from Spanish site bloggers.

SLI