Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar Thoughts

Photobucket

I really liked this years show. Although it ran close to 3 1/2 hours, I was thoroughly entertained throughout most of the telecast. Hugh Jackman had a perfect mix of humor, confidence & flat out showmanship. Penelope's Cruz's speech got the show off to a nice start with a heartfelt speech (her sexy Spanish accent didn't hurt either). Best presenters had to be Tina Fey and Steve Martin. Laugh out loud funny. Ben Stiller doing Joaquin Phoenix was hilarious. And how bout them lovely ladies? They all looked amazing, especially my favorite Natalie Portman (is there a more beautiful girl on the planet? Probably not.) It was def. cool how this years award show had former winners personally introduce each nominee by giving them credit for their work past and present.

All in all it seems the academy got it right this year with their selections. Senn Penn for best Actor? Check. Man On Wire for best documentary. Check. Slumdog Millionaire best movie. Check. 2009 Academy awards. Check mate.

3 comments:

tnash said...

My thoughts? To each their own, but the oscars are not for me. Watched for a bit, but fell asleep. Like I said, to each their own. People probably laugh at me for watching the RedSox games in April.

I just think a lot of these folks are pompous SOB's, who think the world revolves around them. And somehow think they can save the world ( not all of them), and use the audience as a sounding board for their own thoughts. Oh well, makes the world go round. Place would be boring if we all dug on the same things.

That said? I wish my boy Mickey Rourke beat out Penn. Penn was excellent and deserving, I personally thought THE RAM was the winnah last night.


Gyro review? Nate exploits?

leroy said...

Thought it was one of the best Oscar's! Also, would have liked M. Rourke to win.

Anonymous said...

THESE SHOWS ARE A WAIST OF TIME!