Friday, March 13, 2009

Trey & Page w/ Allmans Last Night

Photobucket

I heard from a friend early yesterday they might show up. After a flurry of emails, semi confirmations and a good buddy going out of his way to pick up the tix, we found ourselves in the back of the Beacon ready for a throwdown of epic proportions. Sure enough, the boyz from VT stepped out at the tail end of the first set, with blues guitar master Buddy Guy taboot! ARE. U. FRIGGIN. KIDDING. ME!? To have (4) of the very best guitar players in the world on the same stage is something this guy won't soon forget.

After probably the best Southbound EVER - both Trey & Page re-emerged post set break to sit in on "I Know You Rider" and an amazing version of "Liz Reed". Sooooo sick! I was beaming from ear to ear throughout the entire performance. Truly, this night will go down as one of my all-time musical highlights. Just awesome!

For a more in depth look at this amazing show - check out this Youtube clip of Southbound & Scotty B's review via Hidden Track

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about the Uconn/Cuse game?

I thought you covered sports SupDude.

I am getting tired of hearing about bands and art shows.

If you don't start covering a little more sports.

This daily SDSG reader is going elsewhere.

Bar Raffaeli and Stunnies love it!

tnash said...

Dr.

That's where you angle comes into play.

"Live from MSG, this is Bobby Wood. Oh humiliate her. OK back to the broadcast. I tell you what, I'm pretty juiced for these games today. No literally juiced guy. I wacked back 6 tall buds in the way in. Made out with this pseudo cougar, and watched PK drill bat after Bat. I ran into some of my players on the train guy. Going to see the Peakin at the Beacon man. So OK, I just ran into AnneChris. She wants me. So this game here at MSG is a big one. SDSG and his trendy friends might be Peakin at the Beacon, but i'm here with my shirt off, Sprewel jersey on, and running from the Police. Back in a bit."

Megsaintg said...

Nash I think we should start on your book soon ;)

DoggtheGuy said...

I tell you what, that is an extremely fresh broadcast.