Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Do You Even Like MUSIC?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So I have a few friends out there who just don't seem to get the new music that is coming out today. They would rather listen to the same classic rock songs on repeat than give bands like Interpol, Iron & Wine or Arcade Fire a shot. For myself, I learned a long time ago that in order to truly enjoy music, I had to be open to all different forms of it. I don't care if its Kelly Clarkson or the Kings of Leon singing, if the song rocks, then I roll. It's really as simple as that. Now, I understand people have different tastes, and that is fine...to each his own. But as George Clinton put it best. "Free your mind and you arse will follow".

Here's some tracks from some "newer" bands that I enjoy, which upon a listen, I think you will too.

Futures & Folley's - Blitzen Trapper
Lake Michigan - Rogue Wave
Neigborhood # 2 - Arcade Fire

4 comments:

Jonesin' said...

That's what I call a clean public beration. Iron/Wine? nice. New music is niiice.

Jonesin' said...

But Kelly Clarkson?? C'mon guy, now you're just embarrassing yourself.

tnash said...

Public beration?

BS half-assed beration.

How many Phish, Allman brother show have you seen?

Aren't you the same guyguyguy during a great Averett Brothers set, which people paid $40 to see, you wished another band was playing? That's just plain disrespectful.

Just cause we don't want to attend a festival with thugs, pseudo hipsters, and 13 year old girls, we don't like new music?Those are fighting words. I see new music with you all the time. I haven't seen KOL with you twice? Excuse me if I'd rather see some old R&B or Bogle on the air guitar over Kelly Clarkson.

Langerado Vs. Indie/pop festival. We work guy. We can only go to one. If I could go to both I would. But I can't.

We don't all live next to the Webster hall either scumbag.

tnash said...

i'll straight up come out to Portland and open hand slap you.